Crown Cap began manufacturing textile headwear for the Western Canadian farm trade in 1934. In the midst of a decade long drought on the prairies, those working the land appreciated the relief and protection of a well-made fitted work cap.
When Paul Leinburd acquired Crown Cap in 1987 he saw the answer to a different kind of drought on the prairies—the absence of finely crafted luxury headwear and accessories. Impressed by the skilled handiwork of the Crown Cap production team, Paul knew that combining those old-world skills with high-end fur and leather materials would have the world knocking at his door. Indeed, unique designs and exquisite hand crafting has drawn world-renowned designer labels and retailers to the stunning creations at Crown Cap.
Based in Winnipeg, Canada, the company that started out with simple fitted headwear has maintained its prairie sensibilities while becoming a global fashion enterprise. This includes a commitment to creating the best products and materials while doing business in a way that is fair and socially responsible. Whether it’s a fashion-forward cap or a luxury fur hat, Crown Cap delivers unparalleled quality and service.
At Crown Cap we believe that “giving back” it part of our business. We contribute funds to worthwhile charitable causes that enhance the quality of life for people in the community. The following are a few of the organizations that we support:
- Alzheimer Society Manitoba
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- Emily Carr School (Gordon Adaskin Fund)
- Epilepsy and Seizure Association of Manitoba
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Koats for Kids
- Manitoba Opera
- Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- Riverview Health Foundation
- Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
- The Salvation Army Canada
- Winnipeg Harvest
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra